I adore this ribbon wrap, and so I've drawn up some illustrations so that you can see how to do it! If you use the 48cm furoshiki, it's perfect for wrapping a small book, or a small box of chocolates :)
1. Lay out your furoshiki so that it is reverse side up, and diamond-shaped.
2. Position your gift half-way between A and D, then move it across to the left and down, for about 3cm.
3. Now, flip your gift over.
4. Fold corner B over your gift, and if there is excess fabric, neatly tuck it under.
5. Fold C across your gift as far as it will go. You made need to pleat the bottom corner a little, to create a neat edge.
6. Fold A-D over so that the fold is across the top right corner of your gift.
7. Take end A, and end D, and tie a granny knot at the angle shown in the illustration. You can tighten it by tugging D towards the top left corner, and A towards the bottom right corner.
8. Now, complete the knot by tying it into a square knot. (Please refer to 'Furoshiki essentials: how to tie a square knot' in the FAQ section).
9. Tease out the two ends of the knot at their base, to make them leaf-like. If the furoshiki is reversible, gently twist the ends so that the reverse side is uppermost - the contrast looks very attractive!
You now have a beautifully wrapped present to give - furoshiki really do make a present special!
It's easy to learn how to make all sorts of gift wrap, in moments. Just check out our Furoshiki Tutorials page for lots of ideas and videos.