Why not cover and protect your favourite books, so that you can always carry them with you? We think that you will love this gorgeous, easy-to-make furoshiki book cover!
We're using one of our small Isa Monyo reversible furoshiki for this cover. Because the furoshiki is equally beautiful on both sides, we can make good use of the reverse side as decoration.
Let's get started!
1. Lay out your furoshiki so that it is reverse-side up, and in a square shape. Here I'm using our Small 48cm Isa Monyo Furoshiki in Japanese Apricot Blue/Beige to wrap one of my beloved books!
My book is about 17.5cm x 12cm, but this size furoshiki is suitable for regular-size paperbacks too. A large book would require a larger 70cm furoshiki.
2. Fold the top edge of your furoshiki so that it comes half-way down the edge of your book.
3. Fold the bottom edge of your furoshiki upwards.
4. Now, take that top folded edge again, and fold it downwards.
5. The idea is that you're creating a decorative band of fabric using the reverse side of your furoshiki.
6. Your folded fabric should match the height of your book.
7. Place your book onto the middle of your folded furoshiki, with the cover open.
8. Slip the cover into the furoshiki pocket.
It fits nice and snugly!
Here's a closer view!
9. Now, do the same thing with the back cover: open it up and slip it into the little back pocket.
Move it into position gently.
Here is the finished result! Your book is protected, it looks pretty, and it has a lovely tactile quality!
It is lovely to hold and read!
That only took a moment, didn't it! Now, it's time to get back to the story!
Here are some helpful diagrams, too:
We'd love to see how you get on - do send us your photos! Take a look at our furoshiki tutorials page for more furoshiki wrapping and decoration ideas!